Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pathology Report

The pathology report came back this afternoon and the diagnosis is Nodular Schlerosing Hodgkin's lymphoma. This is the same type of Hodgkin's that Parrish had in 1995. So, they are considering this a relapse--one of the latest they (or really anyone) has seen. As previously stated, Parrish = Medical Marvel.

They will present his case to the UAB hematology/oncology board tomorrow at their weekly meeting and have all of the doctors discuss the treatment plan. Gives me comfort to think of all the brain power that will be analyzing Parrish's case.

As the doctor just said, under the circumstances, this is probably one of the best case scenarios we could have hoped for. And as Parrish said, "I've beaten this once; I'll beat it again." Those are the kind of fighting words I like to hear!

I will keep y'all posted as we get a better idea of treatment, timing and more. Keep those prayers coming!

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment