Friday, March 8, 2013

The Best Laid Plans...

You would think that if the last six weeks have taught me anything, it would be that I should just give up making plans. But, I am a planner by nature, and it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I think God really wants to teach me that I am not in control. (Okay, God, I get it!)

So, remember how I just posted on Wednesday that Parrish's next round of chemo would be March 20th? Well, in my head, I had planned out the next week or so. Parrish was looking forward to a week of feeling better. I had even dared to think that I could run up to Memphis for a dear family friend's wedding. Silly me...

The doctor called Wednesday night with the results of Parrish's blood work from that day. He was thrilled with the results, shocked in fact. He said that since the blood work looked so good, he had decided to schedule Parrish's second round of chemo a week early. Yep, you read that right. So, Parrish will go into the hospital sometime on Monday (this Monday) for Round Number 2. (Anyone getting tired of the medical marvel jokes yet?)

All of us have spent the last day and a half sort of getting our head around this change of plan. On the one hand, it is great news that Parrish's blood work looked so good, and even better news that the big 'ole tumor is going to get another dose of chemo thrown at it even sooner than expected. On the other hand, all of us--especially Parrish--could have used 10 more days to recover from the last round of treatment. Now that we've seen just what the aftermath of the ICE treatment can be, it is a little daunting to gear up for it again. But, gear up we will!

So, come Monday, Parrish will be back at UAB. Until then, we will all enjoy a beautiful early spring weekend...hallelujah for sunshine and warmer temps.

Happy weekend!

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment